The story of Bushmans’ Inc. is a story of twentieth-century, rural America—four generations tilling and replenishing the soils, weathering both markets and nature, and expanding from regional farmers to become a leading grower, packager and marketer of potatoes nationwide.
Cloud 9 was engaged in order to meet the following goals:
- Migrate the resources and business processes from on-prem servers to Azure
- Install and migrate the COTS Famous application and database from on-prem to Azure
- Bushmans’ was operating and managing an aging hardware platform
- Bushmans’ wanted a more cost-efficient way to upgrade their server footprint without having to procure physical servers
In order to achieve the above goals for Bushmans’, Cloud 9 architected a solution that would:
- Deploy the Azure Infrastructure
- Setup Site to Site VPN from on-prem network to Azure network
- Migrate the database of the COTS Famous Application from on-prem to an Azure Virtual Machine
- Migrate their large company-wide file share from an on-prem location to an Azure location
- Develop, test, and implement the process.
The Cloud 9 professional team successfully resolved the above problem statement for Bushmans’ by designing an end to end Azure solution based on Microsoft best practices.