The story of Bushmans’Inc.is a story of twenty-first-century, rural America—four generations tilling and replenishing the soils, weathering both markets and nature, and expanding from regional farmers to become a leading grower, packager, and marketer of potatoes nationwide.
Bushmans’ was currently hosted completely on-prem, operating and managing an aging hardware platform and they wanted a more cost-efficient way to upgrade their server footprint without having to procure physical servers. Bushmans’ also had an existing on-prem server support from a third-party vendor who provided on-prem infrastructure hardware and were not happy with them – which only exasperated the situation further.
Utilizing best practices and tools within the Cloud Adoption Framework, Cloud 9 quickly and strategically created a plan to implement Bushmans’ migration to the cloud.
Cloud 9 recommended that Bushmans’ rehost their entire Windows Server infrastructure (including business apps) on Azure public cloud services. Microsoft Azure provides a stable and secure environment.
Cloud 9 was engaged to meet the following goals:
- Provision and rehost the hardware resources and business processes from on-prem servers to Azure.
- Install and migrate the COTS Famous application and database from on-prem to Azure.
To achieve the above goals for Bushmans’, Cloud 9 architected, tested and implemented a solution that would:
- Deploy the Azure Infrastructure
- Setup Site to Site VPN from the on-prem network to Azure network
- Migrate the database of the COTS Famous application from on-prem to an Azure Virtual Machine and decommission the on-prem application server.
- Migrate their large company-wide file share from an on-prem location to an Azure location.
- Create an AD Domain Controller VM in Azure and ensure replication was working properly.
- Decommission the on-prem AD Domain Controllers
- Assist Bushmans’ with provisioning and installation/testing of new network hardware.
The Cloud 9 professional team successfully resolved the above problem statement for Bushmans’ by designing an end-to-end Azure solution based on Microsoft best practices.