The story of Bushmans’Inc.is a story of twenty-first-century, rural America—four generations tilling and replenishing the soils, weathering both markets and nature, and expanding from regional farmers to become a leading grower, packager, and marketer of potatoes nationwide
Utilizing best practices and tools within the Cloud Adoption Framework, Cloud 9 quickly and strategically created a plan to implement Bushmans’ migration to the cloud.
Cloud 9 recommended that Bushmans’ rehost their entire Windows Server infrastructure (including business apps) on Azure public cloud services. Microsoft Azure provides a stable and secure environment.
Cloud 9 was engaged to meet the following goals:
- Provision and rehost the hardware resources and business processes from on-prem servers to Azure.
- Install and migrate the COTS Famous application and database from on-prem to Azure.
To achieve the above goals for Bushmans’, Cloud 9 architected, tested and implemented a solution that would:
- Deploy the Azure Infrastructure
- Setup Site to Site VPN from the on-prem network to Azure network
- Migrate the database of the COTS Famous application from on-prem to an Azure Virtual Machine and decommission the on-prem application server.
- Migrate their large company-wide file share from an on-prem location to an Azure location.
“We engaged Cloud 9 to provide end to end support for our migration to the cloud. Cloud 9 worked closely with us as a trusted advisor to meet the tactical challenges of the migration which included architecture, testing, and upgrading all resources in a live production environment. Cloud 9’s approach and design addressed the long term goals of scalability, high availability reliability, and an ongoing cost-effective operational environment. Their ongoing support is timely and reliable.”
Interested in how we can help your organization
Start your journey today!