Cloud 9 is seeking a Technical Writer for an in house/freelance opportunity. This individual will be responsible for writing and editing a wide range of documents including but not limited to; Website content, technical manuals, testing plans, technical specifications, training materials, etc. This individual will be responsible for proofing and maintaining the accuracy of all documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain all technical documentation and user manuals
- Produce high-quality documentation that is appropriate for its intended audience
- Create copy for use on the company website to describe the brand, products, and software.
- Research markets and industries to compare and create content that is informative, accurate and original.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales leaders to develop marketing and sales content for product and sales collateral.
- Collaborate with team to develop new ideas and engagement materials.
- Experience in documenting information technology and software systems
- Knowledge of information gathering, planning, and organizing methods and principles
- Strong understanding of document formatting and presentation techniques
- Deep technical knowledge of Microsoft technologies (Exchange, Active Directory, Group Policy, terminal server, remote desktop services, and SQL)
- Deep technical knowledge of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) models and Software as a service (SaaS) models
- Understanding of application development life cycle
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Hands on technical writing and editing experience
- Impeccable grammar and syntax to create the proper tone and approach for the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in creative writing, journalism, English, or related field preferred
- Two to three years’ experience in technical writing, and documentation
- Familiarity with SEO and keyword placement a plus
- Able to produce work across multiple platforms
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Strong organizational skills to meet tight deadlines.
- Action oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Technical Proposal Management experience.
- Familiarity with IT services and network design
- Action Oriented while learning on the fly.
- Demonstrated Organizational Agility and Political Savvy.
- Able to think outside the box
- Please be ready to provide some writing samples.